Pages

Sunday, October 25, 2015

UNBOXING || NATIVE BOX SPRING BEAUTY BOX

While I was searching the interwebs for Australian subscription boxes, I came across Native Box as well. Native Box is also a seasonal box (four each year), which you can subscribe to. I wasn't able to find any reviews on this box, so I had no idea what I would be receiving in it!


Not pictured is a $10 voucher for ivadore and a $10 voucher for Native Box. All of the products are skin care or body related. All but one of the products I will use. The ivadore Tanning Treatment is a self-tan lotion that is full of natural oils and other ingredients such as strawberry and coffee seed extract. It sounds like a great product but unfortunately I won't be using it. I have never in my life used any tanning product and I am too scared to try! I tan naturally in summer, so I don't feel I need to use tanning products. I am also fine with being pale as shite in winter! Another point about this sample is that it is 20mls and that doesn't seem like it would be enough to use over my whole body!

There are two Evohe products in the box, a sample of both the Repair Intensive and the Omega 369. The Repair Intensive is a multi-purpose ointment and healing balm for eczema, cuts, burns, rashes and bites. The Omega 369 is a soothing, hydrating treatment. You can also use this one for eczema, and other skin conditions. These will be nice to try when my eczema flairs up (I only get it mildly). Both of these products smell amazing and have a load of natural oils in them. I can't wait to try these out!


Next up are three products from Anerah Skincare. Unfortunately I can't link these products at the moment as their website is under construction (can't wait to browse it!) and Native Box don't have the products on their website. This also means I can't tell you the prices! Aside from this, these are some nice products! There is a sample of the Face and Body scrub which only has three ingredients and it smells delicious! There is a Sensitive Face Mask which is mild and can be used on children too. I love face masks so I am keen to try this one out. It is so relaxing applying a nice mask and rinsing it off, don't you think!? And last but not least are some Relaxation Bath Salts. Another 'unfortunately'... the bath in our current house is way too small for any human adult! I will save this until I am visiting somewhere with a decent sized bath. I am not sure if these last 2 products are full size or not, but they are a good size for a sample if that is what they are!


Ok! So overall this box has some really nice products in it and I am excited to try the ones I will use. I like that for two of the brands there were multiple products, this means I get to try the brand out rather than just one product. I think this could give a good snapshot of what a brand is like and help make an informed decision!

One thing that I think would be good, is if the product card had the RRPs for each of the products. Because it doesn't, I can't give you prices for the Anerah Skincare products, however I have contacted Native Box and asked for them and will update when I can.

One frustration I had, was not with the box, but with communication. When I received my order confirmation in my email it said my box would be shipped in 1-2 working days. A week later I still hadn't heard anything so I emailed Native Box but I didn't receive a response. I sent a message through their website again and this time I received a response. After this, communication was fine, and my box had been sent. It was just a little frustrating to begin with, not knowing if and when the box had been sent. I think this was an easy oversight and it hasn't affected my view of the box at all.

I will review the products as I use them, however I am currently trying some other products and I don't want to overload my skin so it might be a little while until I can post about these specific ones.

Now for the value of the box, I will do my best with what I can find.

1. Evohe Repair Intensive RRP $13.90 for 20ml = $13.90
2. Evohe Omega 369 RRP $56.90 for 30ml = $28.45 for 15ml sample
3. ivadore Tanning Treatment RRP $48 for 120ml = $8 for 20ml sample
4. Anerah Bath Soak RRP $25.95 for 180g = $18.70 for 130g *
5. Anerah Face Mask RRP $18.95 for 40g = $14.20 for 30 *
6. Anerah Sugar Scrub RRP $25.95 for 200g = $6.50 for 50g *
Bonus
7. ivadore voucher = $10
8. Native Box voucher = $10

Total Cost = $29.95 + $39.40
Total value = $70.35! /$109.75

* I received a reply from Native Box with RRPs for the Anerah products and have updated the values above. The three products didn't have an weights on them so I weighed them myself, please note the weights include packaging so are an estimate. I am still not sure if these are 'samples' or full sized products. For example the bath soak RRP is for 180g while the one I have weighed in at 130g, which seems like a large sample or not quiet enough for a full sized. Either way. This new value is still good!

7 comments:

  1. Oh I haven't heard of this one, I love the sound of it! I recently was gifted a bella box subscription which is great, but not the best sized and products (tiny!) and most of them are nothing special, I had in my last box widely available supermarket products like nivea. I will look into this one!
    Ps: I found your blog via your post on the gift exchange facebook page :) hi!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ashlea, thanks for stopping by! I have subscribed to Bella box again just for one month to check it out again but I don't have high hopes! Especially now that I've had this one from Native Box and another one from Flora and Fauna - check that one out too, it was awesome and I have a post on it too. They are great too because they are natural products and mostly Australian made!

      Delete
    2. Oh I am off to check Flora & Fauna, they sound great! I had another Bella Box arrive today - better than the first, more natural products which is what I like. Still not fabulous though. Will look into these x

      Delete
    3. I received my Bella Box today too, not bad but I am definitely preferring the natural ones!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely! Sounds like some gorgeous products.
    Commiserations about the bath situation at your house! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shannon, thanks for stopping by! The property we own and used to live in, in Melbourne, had an amazing bath, i miss it so much!

      Delete

Thank you for commenting, you've made my day!