Pages

Friday, October 30, 2015

REVIEW || ECO MINERALS SAMPLES

I ordered some mineral make up samples from ECO Minerals at the beginning of October but haven't tried them out, until now! I have never tried mineral make up before, I haven't really experimented a lot with make up, ever! So I was really interested to see what it was going to be like! The samples are $2.20 each with free shipping in Australia and New Zealand.

On their website it states that "ECO minerals is a luxury brand of 100% pure, safe, natural and beautiful cosmetics made in beautiful Byron Bay, Australia." I am keen to try and natural products, especially if they are an Aussie brand! 


Normally I use a bb cream for light coverage and if I want more coverage I will use my MAC foundation over the top of the bb cream. However, I don't wear make up every day. Not very often at all, actually! I like to wear it for obvious special events such as weddings, parties etc. I also wear it when we go out for dinner or on a day trip, but I am not very skilled in make up application! So basically I am starting from scratch with natural products and learning how to 'make up'! I will write another post with my 'toxic' make up in the near future to share.
ECO Minerals have a colour match product selector to help you choose which foundation will suit your skin. I found this was quite simple and was good to use along side matching the foundation from the colour alone. I was matched with Flawless Foundation in Light Tan but I also got it in Light Beige to compare. I also chose a sample of the blush in Dreamtime, the bronzer in ECO Exotic and the eye shadow in Middle Earth. They also gave me a sample of the illuminate in White Light which was really nice of them!
I think the sample are a good size. I think I could have used more than I did though. As I don't wear a lot of make up often, when I do try and put more on it looks very full on to me. Then I realise after I have finished that it isn't as much as I thought it was! I think it depends on the lighting in my bathroom when I am putting it on!
I think I used about a third or a little bit more of the Light Tan sample. Also, I had already opened the Light Tan sample when I remembered I needed to take photos!

The foundation has a light coverage, but I think you could definitely build it up. I was a bit scared when I first started applying it but I just kept swirling my powder brush around to make it even. I made sure to tap any excess off the brush before putting it to my face, in order to avoid patches of product! I think the Light Tan matches me quiet well. I think the Light Beige might suit me as well so I will need to try that one out another day to compare the two. I do really think the Light Tan is a pretty good match as you can't really see that I am wearing it!

Like I said above, I think I could have added more blush and bronzer, but I was scared of putting too much on. So it is very subtle. I do like subtle, but I also want to try and be a bit bolder! I really like the colours, I like nice earthy tones and the blush is really nice but I also like to wear blush that is a little more pink. 

So today I used all of the samples except the Light Beige. I applied the foundation in circular strokes and blended it until it looked even. I put the bronzer on my cheekbones and up onto my temples a little bit. The blush I used just above the bronzer. I found they all applied very easily and it doesn't feel like I am wearing anything. The lipstick I am wearing is from 'tasting plate' of lipsticks from Luk. I will write about these once I have tried all the colours!

Here is a before for comparison...
 And with my make up on!

For the eyes I used the Middle Earth all over, then added a lighter coloured mineral eye shadow from another brand, Nature Delivers, which I will review soon. I just needed something a little lighter on top of the ECO Minerals eye colour, on the eye lid. I then used the illuminator White Light for a hint of brightness on my eye lid and I also put some along my brow bone on either side. 

Again, it is all very subtle, and I am not a professional by any means! I am a beginner applying a new type of make up!


And there you have it! Overall I really like all of the products! I need to try and build it up a bit more into a bolder look, and not be such a chicken! I think this would be really awesome as an every day make up as it has a nice light coverage and it doesn't feel like I am wearing anything! I do get redness on my cheeks a bit, and this seems to mostly hide it, while still looking really natural. I will use up the samples I have of this and compare with the other brand I have to try, before deciding if it is something I want to purchase.

I would also like to note that I am having a wild hair day, that is why it is tied up. I have heaps of frizz, all the time and I don't spend much time on my hair when I do fix it up. I like my hair to be natural.

I hope this wasn't too long, and I hope you enjoyed my review! Stay tuned for more! 

Lou x

2 comments:

  1. Your skin looks amazing! I love your natural look :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa! I am lucky to have pretty clear skin, and I think the fact that I don't wear make up very often helps! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete

Thank you for commenting, you've made my day!